Saturday, March 16, 2013

I'm stuck

I have an issue. Well, that may be the understatement of the year. The issues I am talking about is this constant nagging to write and the fact that I can't right now. Let me explain. I can technically write but the problem is that I want to start several things at once but I can't. I have some complex that only allows me to write one novel at a time and this pisses me off.

I can't really complain too much, but when you have a family, work full time, and go to school, starting something new seems to be the last thing I want to do but the only thing I think about doing. It's a conundrum.

Even if I were to, I have a secret project being developed right now, I have the third entry in the "Solstice" series that I need to start at some point but I need a break from that series for a while (the second one hasn't even been approved yet).

I need something to occupy my brain as I have problems sleeping because of it. Most people dream and get their ideas from that. Not me, I am too busy coming up with scenarios in my mind. When a movie trailer comes up in the theater with the dramatic music, I think of something else. Yes, I am inspired by movie trailer music, laugh if you want but the "Prometheus" trailer helped me come up with a majority of "Equinox".

Do I make myself write or is there such a thing for a writer as taking a break?

-Bryan W. Dull

No comments:

Post a Comment